The American Red Cross has issued an emergency call for blood donations
due to an extreme blood shortage throughout the Hudson Valley. According
to a news release disseminated by the humanitarian relief organization,
approximately 39,000 donations of all blood types are needed in order
to meet the needs of hospitals and replenish its supply.
Shortages of this type are not uncommon during summer, as many routine
donors are forced to postpone or cancel their donations due to travel
plans. A poll recently conducted by the Red Cross among donors showed
that more than 75 percent of donors had summer vacation plans, with most
of these plans taking place during the weeks before and after July 4th.
If you would like to donate blood, visit
redcrossblood.org, download the organization’s Blood Donor App, or call 1-800-RED-CROSS
to schedule a donation appointment. The Red Cross will be keeping several
donation centers open longer to accommodate for more donors.
Blood drives are set to be held in the following locations:
- July 7: Town Hall, 20 Middlebush Road, Wappingers Falls, 12-5 p.m.
- July 7: New York State Troopers, Troop K, 2541 Route 44, Salt Point, 7
- July 8: Poughkeepsie Galleria, 2001 South Road, Poughkeepsie, 1-6 p.m.
- July 8: Vassar Brothers Medical Center, 45 Reade Pl., Poughkepsie, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- July 9: Town Hall, Town of Rhinebeck, 80 E. Market St., Rhinebeck, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- July 15: Northern Dutchess Hospital, 6511 Springbrook Ave., Rhinebeck,
10:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- July 11: Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1386, 708 E. Chester St., Kingston, 1-6 p.m.
- July 16: Pinnacle Learning Center, 1508 Route 9W, Marlboro, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- July 18: Town Hall, 2340 Route 44/55, Gardiner, 1-7 p.m.
Additional information on where to donate blood can be found at
communitybloodservices.org. If you are considering donating blood, we strongly urge you to do so.
You could be saving someone’s life!
Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers in Kingston
At Mainetti, Mainetti & O’Connor, P.C., our team of
Kingston personal injury attorneys are constantly looking for ways to give back to the community and look
forward to doing our part to help this cause. As a result of our frequent
community events and constant work to support worthy local causes, we have established
ourselves as one of the most well-known law firms in the Hudson Valley.
To learn more about our firm’s services and how we can assist you, contact our firm online
or schedule a no-cost case review