Everyone seems to be in such a constant rush during the holiday season,
especially right before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not only are people
going faster on the road, but they are paying less attention when they
are entering and exiting store parking lots. This is also a period of
high stress for drivers and shoppers, which can lead to instances of road
rage or conflict between drivers.
Then there are other dangers to be aware of that increase during the holidays,
such as parking lot theft and robberies. Whether you are heading to the
mall for Christmas shopping or simply doing your holiday grocery shopping,
you must be on high alert at all times to help minimize
car crashes, theft, and other accidents.
You can help prevent parking lot accidents by following these tips:
- Avoid parking in a busy and crowded area of the lot
- When walking through a lot, make eye contact with the driver before crossing
- Slow down and take extra precautions when you are pulling out or into a lot.
- Park in well-lit areas
- Put all your shopping bags and belongings in your trunk
- If you leave when it is dark and you do not feel comfortable, ask for security
to walk with you.
- Make a police report if anything does happen, even a minor accident.
- Call the police if you return to your car and see something has been damaged.
At Mainetti, Mainetti & O'Connor, P.C., our
Kingston personal injury attorneys represent clients from our offices in Kingston, Newburgh, Poughkeepsie,
Ellenville, and NYC. If you have been hurt in a parking lot accident or
in another accident caused by another person, we can help. We can review
your case and help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Learn more by calling us at (845) 340-4878 and scheduling a free consultation.