One of the victims was a 20-year-old male who had received a tattoo from
a tattoo parlor in Rochester, NY. Doctors found traces of a bacteria related
to a deadly germ in his bloodstream. Doctors suspect the syringes, dilution
or dressings were tainted with the infected water causing the infections.
The tattoo parlor where the 20-year-old was inked was inspected by the
Department of Health on numerous occasions with no evidence of sanitation
problems. The Department of Health, CDC and FDA suspect the problem may
exist in the water supply.